To remove the component:
- Power down the
- Extend or remove the server from the rack
(Extend the server from the rack, Remove the server from the rack).
- Remove the access panel.
- Remove the air baffle.
CAUTION: To prevent damage to the server or
expansion boards, power down the server and remove all AC power
cords before removing or installing the expansion boards.
- Remove the PCI riser cage.
- Remove the front fan
IMPORTANT: For this procedure, you do not need to
remove the hot-plug fans from the front fan bracket. When
reinstalling the front fan bracket, press the top of each fan to be
sure it seats securely.
- Remove the hot-plug fans from the rear
- Remove any DDR SDRAM DIMMs.
- Remove the processors and
- Remove the PPMs.
- Remove the Smart Array 6i cache module.
NOTE: This feature applies only to SCSI models.
- Disconnect all cables connected to the
- Identify the alignment keys and keyhole
locations, 1 through 4.
- Loosen the system board thumbscrew.
- Remove the system board.
- Remove the rear fan bracket.
IMPORTANT: If replacing the system board or
clearing NVRAM, you must
re-enter the server serial
number through RBSU.
To replace the component, reverse the removal