You can create an FTP or SFTP session.
- On the File menu, click New. RESULT: The New Session dialog box appears.
- In the Name box, enter a session name.
- In the Host box, enter the hostname or IP address of the
- In the Protocol list, select an appropriate
- In the Port Number box, type or select the port number
used by the remote server.
- In the User Name box, enter an account name of the
Note: If the User Name box is left empty, a dialog
box asking a user name will appear when you attempt to connect the
- Click OK.
RESULT: A new session has been created and you are ready to
connect to the remote host now. To connect to the remote host, see
Connecting to a remote host with SFTP or
Connecting to a remote host with FTP.