If you get an error that NTLDR is
not found during bootup,
If you have FAT32 partitions, it is much simpler than with NTFS.
Just boot with a Win98 floppy and copy the NTLDR or NTDETECT.COM
files from the i386 directory to the root of the C:\
- Insert and boot from your WindowsXP CD.
- At the first R=Repair option, press the R key
- Press the number that corresponds to the correct location for
the installation of Windows you want to repair. Typically this will
- Enter in the administrator password when requested.
- Enter in the following commands (X: is replaced by the actual
drive letter that is assigned to the CD ROM drive.
COPY X:\i386\NTLDR C\:
COPY X:\i386\NTDETECT.COM C:\
- Take out the CD ROM and type exit.