troubleshooting tips, PLEASE read and follow these things prior to
asking for help. They are basic things that will fix most of your
- Scan for Spyware, this must be
done with Ad Aware 6.0 & SpyBot 1.2 after you have updated them
to the latest definitions.
- Scan for virus after you update your
antivirus program to the latest definitions.
- Make sure you have the latest Windows
Updates, especially the Critical Updates.
- If it is a hardware issue make sure you have
the latest drivers for your hardware from the manufacturer of your
hardware, not Windows Update.
- Run checkdisk. (we recommend booting
to the Recovery Console and running chkdsk
- If you are using a "fix-it" utility try
running it and see if there are any problems.
- Insert your XP disk and go to Start
-> Run and type: sfc /scannow, this will replace
any corrupt files.
- Try and repair XP with your XP CD.
- If you have just edited your registry for a
tweak and things mess up, undo the tweak.
- Use System Restore.