I don't have to tell you how
annoying that stupid little animated paperclip character is that
pops up in Microsoft Office 2000 and Office XP, preventing mouse
clicks until it's closed. Clippy (and all the other stupid little
characters) are very easy to kill:
- Double-click the Add/Remove Programs icon in Control
- Locate Microsoft Office 2000 or Microsoft Office
XP in the list of installed programs, and double-click it (in
Windows Me/2000/XP, highlight it and click Change).
- When the setup window appears, click Add or Remove
- For Office 2000, click the plus sign [+] next to Office
Tools, and click the box next to Office Assistant; for
Office XP, it's in the Office Shared Features category.
- From the menu that appers, choose Not Available.
- Click Update Now when you're done. That's it! None of
those annoying characters will ever bother you again!