If you increase the number of
network redirector buffers it may considerably increase your
network throughput. Each extra execution thread that you configure
will take 1K of additional nonpaged pool memory, but only if your
applications actually use them.
To configure additional buffers and threads, follow the next
- Open the Registry Editor click on the Start button on
your taskbar, then click on Run and type "regedit"
and click on OK to start the regedit utility.
(see picture 1).
- Modify or Add Value of type DWORD for:
- MaxCmds=dword:00000064 - range is 0 - 255 and the default value
is 15. Set to a higher number, try 64 for starters.
- MaxThreads=dword:00000064 - set to the same value as
- MaxCollectionCount in the same key is a DWORD buffer for
character-mode named pipes writes. You might want to increase it
from te default 16 as well, its' range is 0 - 65535.
- The modifications you made will be in effect after you logout
or reboot your PC.