If the Windows version appear on your desktop and you want
remove this, follow the next steps:
- Open the Registry Editor click on the Start button on
your taskbar, then click on Run and type "regedit"
and click on OK to start the regedit utility.
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop (see
- Once there, locate the DWORD value
- Right click on it and select Modify. Value equal to "0"
removes Windows version from desktop. Value equal to "1"
adds Windows version to desktop.
- The modifications you made will be in effect after you reboot