If your version of Windows XP is displaying on the desktop and
you would like to remove it, follow the next steps:
- Open the Registry Editor click on the Start button on
your taskbar, then click on Run and type "regedit"
and click on OK to start the regedit utility.
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop (see
- Edit or Create the "DWORD" entry
- A value of "0" will hide the version from the
- The modifications you made will be in effect after you reboot
Note: To make this change for all future users, edit
HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop in the same