Unfortunately Windows only gives you the limited options of
center or tile for the placement of the desktop wallpaper.
With this setting you can move the image anyway on your
- To open the Registry Editor click on the Start button on
your taskbar, then click on Run and type "regedit"
and click on OK to start the utility.
- Expand HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop (see
- Create two new STRING values of
"Wallpaperoriginx" and "Wallpaperoriginy". If the
values already exist then you simply modify them.
- Set the value of "Wallpaperoriginx" to equal the
horizontal offset, and set the value of '"Wallpaperoriginy"
to equal the vertical offset.
- The modifications you made will be in effect after you reboot
Note: The image is offset from the center of your
desktop, so you can use positive and negative values.