To change the logon screen saver, follow the next steps:
- Open the Registry Editor click on the Start button on
your taskbar, then click on Run and type "regedit"
and click on OK to start the regedit utility.
- Expand HKEY_USERS\DEFAULT\Control Panel\Desktop (see
- In the details pane (right-side), double-click the
"scrnsave.exe" string value item.
- In Value data , type the path and name of the screen saver, and
then click OK .
- The modifications you made will be in effect after you reboot
IMPORTANT: Make sure that you specify the path correctly
to the screen saver. If the screen saver is located in
%SystemRoot%\System32, the explicit path is not