This tweak set the icon of any drive (hard disk, cd rom or
anything else) with a letter (C:\ etc.).
To do this, follow the next steps:
- Open the Registry Editor click on the Start button on
your taskbar, then click on Run and type "regedit"
and click on OK to start the regedit utility.
(see picture 1).
- If one doesn't already exist, create a new key called
"DriveIcons". Under this key, create a new key
with the letter of your drive.
I.e. C for your C:\ drive.
- To change the icon for that drive, create a key inside that one
called "DefaultIcon" and set the path of
(Default) to the location of your icon.
then (Default) = D:\Documents\C Drive Icon.ico
- To change the name of that drive, create a key in the drive
letter one (eg C:\) called "DefaultLabel" and set
the (Default) to what you want the drive to be
- This is useful if you want to assign a long name to the floppy