Features of the Windows Active Desktop can be selectively
controlled by modifying options in the Windows registry.
To do this, follow the next steps:
- Open the Registry Editor click on the Start button on
your taskbar, then click on Run and type "regedit"
and click on OK to start the regedit utility.
(see picture 1).
- Create a new DWORD value based on the options below, and
set the new value to equal "1" to enable the restriction or
"0" to disable the restriction.
- NoChangingWallpaper - Disable the ability to change
- NoComponents - Disable components.
- NoAddingComponents - Disable the ability to add
- NoDeletingComponents - Disable the ability to delete
- NoEditingComponents - Disable the ability to edit
- NoMovingBands - retrict adjustments to desktop
- NoHTMLWallPaper - only allow bitmaps (BMP) as
- The modifications you made will be in effect after you reboot
Note: If you don't have the value "ActiveDesktop"
subkey, create it.
Note: These restrictions can be used either on a user by
user basis by adding it to HKEY_CURRENT_USER or on a
computer wide basis by adding it to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE.