Application Launch using HP SIM
The Application Launch combines the RIBCL, the
Lights-Out Configuration Utility, and the query definition to
manage the Group Administration of the iLO 3s.
To create an Application Launch task:
- Click Device in the navigation bar on the top
left side of the screen.
- Click Tasks to open the Tasks screen.
- Click New
Control Task and select Application Launch from the dropdown menu
to open the Create/Edit Task screen.
- Enter the full path and name for the
Lights-Out Configuration Utility in the area provided. If the
CPQLOCFG.EXE file is in the root directory of the C:\ drive, then
the path is C:\cpqlocfg.exe.
- Enter the parameters in the area
provided. HP SIM requires the following parameters for the
Lights-Out Configuration Utility:
-F is the full path of the RIBCL file
-V is the verbose message (optional).
If the RIBCL file is in the root directory
of on the C:\ drive, then the parameters are:
-F C:\MANAGEUSERS.xml -V
NOTE: The -L
parameter cannot designate an output log file. A default log file
named with the DNS name or the IP address is created in the same
directory where CPQLOCFG is launched.
- Click Next. A screen displays the options for
naming the task, defining the query association, and setting a
schedule for the task.
- Enter a task name in the Enter a name for
this task field.
- Select the query that had been created
earlier, for example "Mgmt Processors."
- Click Schedule to define when the Application
Launch task will run. A schedule configuration window appears.
- Click OK to set the schedule.
default schedule for a control task is Now.
- Click Finish to save the Application Launch
- Click the Execute a Task icon (the green triangle) to
execute the Group Administration.