System completes POST but drive fails
- Be sure no loose connections
- Be sure no device conflict exists.
- Be sure the hard drive is cabled properly
and terminated if necessary.
- Be sure the hard drive data cable is working
by replacing it with a known functional cable.
- Be sure the access panel is installed
properly when the server is operating. Drives may overheat and
cause sluggish response or drive failure.
- Run Insight Diagnostics
and replace failed components as indicated.
- Run RBSU to verify that
the boot controller order is set properly.