Memory-related port 85 codes
Memory-related port 85 codes display in the
Reboot the server after completing each numbered step. If the error
condition continues, proceed with the next step.
To troubleshoot memory-related error codes:
- Check the memory LEDs for any identified
errors or failed DIMMs, and take corrective action.
- Bring the server to base configuration by
removing all components that are not required by the server to
complete POST. This process can include removing all:
- Expansion boards
- Processors, except the processor installed
in socket 1
Processor socket 1 and PPM slot 1 must be populated at all times or
the server does not function properly.
- PPMs, except the PPM installed in slot
- DIMMs, except the first bank
- Hard drives
- Peripheral devices
- Reseat the remaining memory boards,
rebooting after each installation to isolate any failed memory
boards, if applicable.
- Replace the DIMMs with a remaining bank of
- Replace the memory board, if
- Replace the system board.