1789-Slot X Drive Array SCSI Drive(s) Not
...Check cables or replace
the following SCSI drives: SCSI Port Y:
SCSI ID Z
Select F1 to continue Â–
drive array will remain disabled.
Select F2 to failed
drives that are not responding Â– Interim Recovery Mode will be
enabled if configured for fault tolerance.
Audible Beeps: None
Cause: Drives that were working when the system
was last used are now missing or are not starting up. A possible
drive problem or loose SCSI cable exists.
- Power down the system.
- Be sure all cables are properly
- Be sure all drives are fully seated.
- Power cycle any external SCSI enclosures
while the system is off.
- Power up the server to see if the problem
- If configured for fault-tolerant operation
and the RAID level can sustain failure of all indicated drives:
- Press the F2 key to fail the drives that are not
- Replace the failed drives.
- Press the F1 key to start the system with all
logical drives on the controller disabled.
Be sure the system is always powered up
and down correctly.
- When powering up the system, all external
storage systems must be powered up before the server.
- When powering down the system, the server
must be powered down before external storage systems.