Network controller is installed but not
- Check the network controller LEDs to see if
any statuses indicate the source of the problem. For LED
information, refer to the network controller documentation.
- Be sure no loose connections
- Be sure the network cable is working by
replacing it with a known functional cable.
- Be sure a software problem has not caused
the failure. Refer to the operating system documentation for
guidelines on adding or replacing PCI Hot Plug devices, if
- Be sure the server and operating system
support the controller. Refer to the server and operating system
- Be sure the controller is enabled in
- Check the PCI Hot Plug power LED to be sure
the PCI slot is receiving power, if applicable.
- Be sure the server ROM is up to date.
- Be sure the controller drivers are up to
- Be sure a valid IP address is assigned to
the controller and that the configuration settings are
- Run Insight Diagnostics
and replace failed components as indicated.