Even though you have followed the connection steps correctly,
you may fail to connect to a remote host successfully.
This section briefly explains how to solve the connection
To solve XDMCP connection problems:
To solve Xstart connection problems:
- Check the following:
- Is a dtlogin, kdm, gdm or xdm
running on the remote host?
- Does the login window open?
- Is the remote host on a different network?
- Is there a firewall between your Windows and the remote
- Does your Windows system have a firewall configuration?
- The name server may have an incorrect entry for your PC.
- The DISPLAY variable is configured incorrectly on your shell
- See log messages.
- To see Xmanager log files, click the system menu on
Xmanager main window, point to Log, and then click
- For CDE errors, read /var/dt/Xerrors when you cannot see the
login window. Read $HOME/.dt/startlog and $HOME/.dt/errorlog when
you failed to login.
- Run Xstart.
- Select Show status dialog box.
- Select Show reply messages.
- Click Run. RESULT: A Reply Messages dialog box
- Read the reply messages to find the reason of the problem.