About the Properties tab for a
Use the Properties tab to view and configure properties
for your publishing point. You can set limits to manage the
resources allocated to this publishing point and enable and disable
The Properties tab displays the following
||Displays the property and plug-in categories
available for the publishing point.
|Property or Plug-in
||Displays a list of properties and plug-ins
available in the selected category. For more information, see
About properties and
If you select a category with configurable properties, you can
use the following buttons to perform common tasks:
- Enable. Enables the property or plug-in on the
- Disable. Disables the property or plug-in on the
- Remove plug-in. Marks the plug-in for removal from the
list. The plug-in is not removed until you stop or start the
server. You cannot remove the last instance of a core system
- Duplicate plug-in. Makes a copy of the selected plug-in,
including its configuration.
- View properties. Displays the properties of the item.
Some items do not have configurable settings.
- Refresh list. (Windows Media Services snap-in only)
Reloads all of the registered plug-ins in the selected
For Windows Media Services Administrator for
Use the following button and setting to configure additional
plug-in or property options:
- Rename plug-in. In Windows Media Services Administrator
for the Web, enables you to rename plug-ins.
- Select interval. Sets how often the page is refreshed.
This setting is found in the Page Loaded area. Select an
interval value from never to 60 minutes.
- If a publishing point setting conflicts with a
server setting, the server setting overrides the publishing point
© 2005 Microsoft Corporation. All rights