|This is retired content. This content is outdated and is no longer being maintained. It is provided as a courtesy for individuals who are still using these technologies. This content may contain URLs that were valid when originally published, but now link to sites or pages that no longer exist.|
The device management (DM) client alerts the OMA DM server with the results of an over-the-air (OTA) firmware update attempt. For possible result codes, see OTA Firmware Update Result Codes.
In this scenario, the OMA DM v1.2 server needs to send a secure update for a Shell ROM package to the device, but the user cancels the download while it is in progress.
The following steps describe this scenario:
- The OMA DM v1.2 server sends an SMS trigger to start a DM
- The device connects to the server.
- The server creates a Firmware update object, and then sends the
Exec command to the device.
- The FwUpdate Configuration Service Provider accepts the
command, and then calls the Download Agent to download the package.
- The user cancels the download while it is in progress.
- The DM client connects to the OMA DM server and then sends the
download failure code to the server over package #1 by using the
generic alert element. For information about generic alerts, see
OMA DM Generic
- The DM client notifies the Download Agent the DM session