|This is retired content. This content is outdated and is no longer being maintained. It is provided as a courtesy for individuals who are still using these technologies. This content may contain URLs that were valid when originally published, but now link to sites or pages that no longer exist.|
This scenario describes how the OMA DM v1.2 server would send a secure update for a Shell ROM package to the device. The following steps describe the process of updating a device by using a single ROM package. A file that contains a single update package has the .pkg extension.
- The OMA DM v1.2 server sends an SMS trigger to start a DM
- The device connects to the server.
- The server creates a Firmware update object, and then sends the
Exec command to the device.
- The FwUpdate Configuration Service Provider accepts the
command, and then calls the Download Agent to download the package.
- Once downloaded, the Download Agent directs the OS to install
- When the installation is complete, the Download Agent obtains
the installation results from the registry.
- The OMA DM client connects to the OMA DM server and then sends
the installation result to the server over package #1 by using the
generic alert element. For information about generic alerts, see
OMA DM Generic
- The DM client notifies the Download Agent the DM session
result. For specific result codes, see
Update Result Codes.