To propagate selected maps now
Using the Windows
- Open Services
for UNIX Administration.
- If necessary, connect to the computer you want to manage.
- In the console tree, expand Server for NIS and view the
list of NIS domains.
- Select the domain of interest.
- In the details pane, click the Maps tab.
- In the NIS maps in this domain list, click the maps to
propagate, and then click Propagate. To select more than one
map, press and hold the CTRL key while clicking the maps.
- To open Services for UNIX Administration, click Start,
point to Programs, point to Windows Services for
UNIX, and then click Services for UNIX
Using a command
||Network Information Service (NIS) domain name in Active
||Quiet mode. Do not wait for response from subordinate (slave)
servers and do not report errors.
||The number of seconds to wait for a response from the
subordinate server before sending the next request. Must be greater
||The hosts to notify of changes. Otherwise, all subordinate
servers in the domain. Can be used multiple times for more
||The name of the NIS map to be transferred.
- This command propagates a single map. Run the command again to
propagate additional maps.
- To view the complete syntax for this command, at a command
Pushing map updates
To connect to the
computer you want to manage