To install User Name Mapping
the Windows interface
- Open Add/Remove Programs or Add or Remove Programs.
- Click Microsoft Windows Services for UNIX.
- In Windows NT, click Add/Remove; in
Windows 2000 or Windows XP, click Change.
- Click Next.
- Click Add or remove, and then click Next.
- In Components, click the plus sign (+) next to
- Click User Name Mapping, click Will be installed on
local hard drive, and then click Next.
- Follow the remaining instructions in the Wizard.
- To open Add/Remove Programs or Add or Remove Programs, do one
of the following:
- In Windows NT or Windows 2000, click Start,
point to Settings, click Control Panel, and then
double-click Add/Remove Programs.
- In Windows XP, click Start, click Control
Panel, and then double-click Add or Remove
- User Name Mapping cannot be run from a network server. All
files must be installed on the local computer.
a command line
- The command as shown above assumes sfusetup.msi exists in the
directory from which you carry out the command. If sfusetup.msi is
in a different directory, include the full path.
for UNIX overview