localedef - define locale-environment
localedef [-c] [-f charmap] [-i sourcefile] name
The localedef(1) utility does not currently support the
definition of user locales. It parses its command-line
The options are as follows:
- Create permanent output despite warning messages.
- -f charmap
- Specify the path name of the character mapping file
- -i sourcefile
- Specify the path name of the source file for the locale
definition. Otherwise, standard-input is read.
The Interix localedef(1) utility always exits with status
3 because user-defined locales are not supported. Possible status
values for the utility are:
- Success and the locale was successfully created.
- Warnings (such as problems parsing the command line) but the
locale was successfully created.
- Errors the specification exceeded implementation limits or the
character set or sets used were not supported by the
implementation, and no locale was created.
- User-defined locales are not supported by this
- Error or warning and no locale was created.