Use this dialog to connect to another computer
that you have administrator rights to in order to browse that
computer's WMI or SNMP Performance counters.
- . Enter the computer name or IP address of
the computer that you want to connect to.
(The following options are not available when selecting an SNMP
- . Enter the domain and user login
for the account on this computer. If a domain account is used, then
the expected user name is domain\user. If
the device is on a workgroup, there are two possible user names:
workgroup name\user or machine name\user.
- . Enter the password for the login
used above. To monitor NT services on a XP machine with an account
that has empty password, the XP's Local Security Settings might
have to be modified. From , click . Then
right-click the setting:
and click Properties, then select .
(The following options are not available when selecting a WMI
- . Select valid SNMP credentials for this
- . The amount of time (in seconds) you
want the system to wait before failing the connection to the
- . The number of times you want the
computer to attempt to make the connection to the selected