Add/Edit Ping Monitor
How to get here
Configure an Active Monitor to have WhatsUp
Gold send an ICMP (ping) command to the device. This is the default
monitor added to all devices during discovery.
The name of the monitor as it appears in the Active Monitor
- . The description of the monitor
as it appears in the Active Monitor Library.
- . The ping will fail if the device
does not respond after this number of seconds.
- . The number of times WhatsUp Gold
will attempt to send the command before the device is considered
- . The length in bytes of each packet sent by the ping
- . Select this option to have the monitor appear
in the Active Monitors list during discovery. From there, you can
select the monitor to have WhatsUp Gold discover that monitor type
on your devices.