Monitor Users on your SQL Server Monitor
To monitor user activity, we'll create a
monitor called "SQLUser," then select Users as the only parameter
- If you're unsure how to start, see the steps
in Configure a SQL Server Monitor.
- When you get to the Monitor/Service
Properties, make sure that Users is the only parameter that has a
check in the box to the left to it. You will need to clear the
selections for the other parameters and also for the
- Click the Users parameter to select it,
then click . The
Users Threshold dialog opens. You
should have in mind how many users or connections you want to
consider as a threshold, and enter those values in the appropriate
boxes on the dialog.
- When finished, click to add the SQLUser monitor to the Active
- Add the "SQLUser" monitor to your SQL server
- Select the device that represents the SQL
server. Double-click the device to display its properties.
- Select the Active Monitors icon.
- On the Active Monitor dialog, click
. The Active Monitor wizard
- Follow the wizard to add the active monitor
to the device.
- Optionally, you can set up an action to tell
you when the SQLUser monitor is down, and when it comes back