Configuring an SQL Server Monitor
To configure an instance of the SQL
: You must activate WhatsUp Gold
Premium Edition before configuring an SQL Server Monitor.
- Go to the Active Monitor Library:
- Add an SQL monitor:
- Click . The Select Active Monitor Type dialog
- Select SQL Service Monitor and click
- The New SQL Service Monitor dialog
- In the box, enter the name you want to use to
identify this instance of the SQL Server monitor. For example, if
you are configuring a monitor to check disk space, you might enter
- In the box, enter any text information
to further describe the monitor.
- In the box, enter the name of the database
you want to monitor.
- Select the thresholds to add to the monitor
(see Thresholds table).
- Select the services to add to the monitor
(see Services table).
- Click to save the monitor in the Active Monitor
- Add the monitor to your SQL Server device.
- In your device list, find the device that
represents the SQL Server. Right-click the device, then select
. Select Active
- Click . The Active Monitor wizard opens.
Select the monitor, and continue with the
wizard to configure any actions for the monitor.
For more information on setting up an
action, see Configuring an Action.
If you select , WhatsUp Gold adds the
monitor to the Active Monitors list. From that list, you can select
to scan for that service on all applications found during