Example: SQL Server Monitor
To monitor user activity on a SQL Server, you
can create a monitor called
then select Users as the only parameter to monitor.
- In the web interface, select , then
click . The Select Active
Monitor Type dialog opens.
- Select SQL Server Monitor and click
. The New SQL Server Monitor
- In the box, enter
- In the box, enter the name of your
- Make sure that is the only parameter that has a check
in the box to the left of it. You will need to clear the selections
for the other parameters and also for the processes.
- Click the parameter to select it, then click
. The Users Threshold
dialog opens. You should have in mind how many users or connections
you want to consider as a threshold, and enter those values in the
appropriate boxes on the dialog.
- When finished, click to add the SQLUser monitor to the Active
- Add the SQLUser monitor to your SQL server
- In the device list, select the device that
represents the SQL server. Right-click the device, then select
. Select Active
- Click . The Active Monitor wizard opens.
Select the SQLUser monitor and continue
with the wizard to add to configure actions for the monitor.
For more information on setting up an
action, see Configuring an Action.
After you complete the wizard, the monitor
immediately begins to monitor the SQL Server application.