The following is a breakdown of the main
features found on the WhatsUp Gold console.
- . The icons on this toolbar change according to the
view you are currently using. Additional toolbar icons can be
enabled for the Map view by selecting .
- . This is a list of all device groups created through
WhatsUp Gold. When you perform a discovery scan, WhatsUp Gold
creates a top level folder for that scan. All discovered
subnetworks are created in subgroups, but can be organized,
deleted, or renamed to fit your needs.
- . This pane displays the selected device group based
on the view from the tabs below (Device View or Map View).
- . Click the or tab to view the device types
contained in the group selection. These types can be dragged into
the view pane to create a new device based on the selected device
- . Choose the way you want to view your device
groups. Each of these views are explained in detail later in this
- . This view
provides an overview of each device and subgroup in a selected
- . This view shows
a graphical representation of the devices and subgroups in a
selected device group.
- . These icons indicate the current state of
the poll engine.
Poll engine is connected
Poll engine is not connected
Polling is enabled
Polling is disabled
- This icon shows the current size of your
database. The color and shape changes according the database size
- Green - 49% and below.
- Yellow - 50% to 74%
- Red - 75% and above.