Using a hard drive
- Copy the contents of the \compaq\swpackages
directory from the CD or ISO image to a directory on the hard drive
where HP Smart Update Manager will be executed.
- Ensure that execute privileges are available
in Linux by using the
* command. By default, the files are copied off the CD in
Linux as read-only with no execution privileges.
- Copy any updated files into the same
directory where the files were copied in step 1.
- Execute HP Smart Update Manager to have the
new firmware components recognized.