Operating system problems
The initiator is able to connect to and log in
to the target and the system recognizes the disk but you are unable
to install the operating system.
- There are multiple HP Multifunction Gigabit
Server adapters enabled in the system.
- The drivers are not being loaded in the
right order during installation.
- The target disk provided is not large
- The initiator is not configured with the
correct LUN from which to boot (some targets start numbering data
devices at 1 not 0).
- The target is not configured to allow access
to the specified LUN by the initiator.
- The Slipstream CD creation step contains an
error causing F6 phase to fail. Check for the following problems:
- Insure the folder and file pathnames are
correct in the Dosnet.inf and Svcpack.inf files.
- Insure the text file changes have no hidden
characters or tabs. Windows installer cannot tolerate malformed
text strings and will fail with no informative message.
- Insure that the original Storport.sy_ file
is removed from the CDFolderPathName. Browse the new ISO image to
insure that the proper changes have been applied.