Microsoft Windows install_win.sh sample
The install_win.sh sample script performs many
of the same hardware configuration tasks described in "Performing an unattended
operating system installation."
Additionally, the sample install_win.sh script
for Microsoft┬« Windows┬« performs preinstallation tasks,
- Creating a 2 GiB FAT16 primary
- Formatting the partition for the FAT file
- Creating a boot sector for the
- Copying the FreeDOS operating system to the
new C drive
- Copying the Windows┬« installation sources,
the $oem$ directory, and unattend.txt files to the C drive
To use the install_win.sh sample script to
install Microsoft┬« Windows┬«:
- Create an unattend.txt file by following the
instructions in the Microsoft┬« documentation. A sample unattend.txt file
is included in the windows_unattend directory.
- Copy the Windows┬« source files to the
installation source. In this sample script, the installation source
is a NFS file share.
- Adapt the script to perform the correct
hardware configuration, and change the NFS server IP address and
path to match your environment.
- Update the syslinux configuration file
(pxelinux.cfg, isolinux.cfg, or syslinux.cfg) to reference the
install_win.sh sample script.