Before troubleshooting a server problem,
collect the following information:
- What events preceded the failure? After
which steps does the problem occur?
- What has been changed since the time the
server was working?
- Did you recently add or remove hardware or
software? If so, did you remember to change the appropriate
settings in the server setup utility, if necessary?
- How long has the server exhibited problem
- If the problem occurs randomly, what is the
duration or frequency?
To answer these questions, the following
information may be useful:
- Run HP Insight Diagnostics
and use the survey page to view the current configuration or to
compare it to previous configurations.
- Refer to your hardware and software records
- Refer to server LEDs and their