Hot-plug SCSI hard drive options
When adding SCSI hard drives to the server,
observe the following general guidelines:
- A maximum of 14 SCSI devices per channel can
- Each SCSI drive must have a unique ID. The
system automatically sets all SCSI IDs.
- The SCSI ID for each hot-plug hard drive is
set automatically to the next sequential ID number in a series
beginning with ID0.
- If only one SCSI hard drive is used, install
it in the bay with the lowest number.
- Hot-plug hard drives must be either Wide
Ultra2, Ultra3, or Ultra320 SCSI types. Mixing these types with
other drive standards degrades the overall performance of the drive
- Drives must be the same capacity to provide
the greatest storage space efficiency when drives are grouped
together into the same drive array.