General remote ROM flash problems are
Be sure you follow these requirements for using the Remote ROM
- A local administrative client system that is
running the MicrosoftÂ® Windows NTÂ® 4.0, WindowsÂ® 2000, or
Windows Serverâ„˘ 2003 operating system
- One or more remote servers with system ROMs
- An administrative user account on each
target system. The administrative account must have the same
username and password as the local administrative client
- All target systems are connected to the same
network and use protocols that enable them to be seen from the
- Each target system has a system partition
that is at least 32 MB in size.
- Verification that the ROM version to which
you are upgrading can be used for all the servers or array
controllers that you are upgrading.
- Follow the instructions for the Remote ROM
Flash procedure that accompany the software.