Power source problems
- Press the Power On/Standby button to be sure
it is on. If the server has a Power On/Standby button that returns
to its original position after being pressed, be sure you press the
- Plug another device into the grounded power
outlet to be sure the outlet works. Also, be sure the power source
meets applicable standards.
- Replace the power cord with a known
functional power cord to be sure it is not faulty.
- Replace the power strip with a known
functional power strip to be sure it is not faulty.
- Have a qualified electrician check the line
voltage to be sure it meets the required specifications.
- Be sure the proper circuit breaker is in the
- If group power capping is supported on the
server, be sure there is sufficient power allocation to support the
- Be sure no loose